I am on the academic job market this year. I am looking for a tenure-track position starting in Fall 2022 in a computer science, electrical and computer engineering, operations research, or similar department.
- One-page summary of research accomplishments
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion statement
- SOAP: One Clean Analysis of All Age-Based Scheduling Policies (SIGMETRICS 2018)
- Presents a highly general theory of single-server scheduling, unifying and generalizing many prior results.
- 2018 INFORMS APS Best Student Paper Prize Finalist.
- How to Schedule Near-Optimally under Real-World Constraints (preprint)
- By way of several several case studies, shows how to adapt theoretically optimal scheduling policies to fit the practical constraints imposed by computer systems.
- Recommended read for general audience.
- Uniform Bounds for Scheduling with Job Size Estimates (ITCS 2022)
- Presents and analyzes the first size-based scheduling policies (e.g. a variant of SRPT) with robust performance under errors in job size estimates.
- Recommended read for theoretical computer science audience.
- The Gittins Policy Is Nearly Optimal in the M/G/k under Extremely General Conditions (SIGMETRICS 2021)
- The first general multiserver analysis of the Gittins policy, which is a policy designed for scheduling with limited job size information.
- This is the most technical read on this list.